Diving into the world of dub reggae, One Dub is ready to hit sound systems just in time for the summer season. From rootsy to experimental and from steppers to dubstep, this selection takes in the many flavours of dub.
There are islands of dub all over the world, not just in the obvious locations. It is a production technique and sound unto itself and has spread far and wide since its birth in Jamaica in the 70’s. Now, people in countries as diverse as Italy, Poland, New Zealand, Canada and Brazil are all mad for it. Always a crucial influence to the interchill sound, the dub forms presented here show just how far the network has grown in 40 years.
This compilation features many of the luminaries of the global dub scene. The selection is heavy, deep and spiced with conscious vocals from reggae greats such as Macka B, Sugar Minott, Michael Rose, Luciano and Dr. Israel. Interchill favorites Gaudi, Liquid Stranger, Ashtech and Pushmipulyu make solid contributions, as do Canada’s Big Bass Theory and Poland’s Ragana. Manasseh & Praise and International Observer both give a taste of material from upcoming albums.
One Dub is an album to take with you on summer roadtrips, to festivals or to bring sunny vibes to wherever you may be. Light up the chalice and crack open some cold ones - one love, one dub…
- wonderful album....best dub comp i have seen for some time - fluid radio
- modern electronica paying homage to dub with roots influences and plenty of ear candy to make it truly a dub-beautiful experience - dov (muti music)
- a delicious palate of sun steeped dank and tightly rolled blazers - delvin (dew press)
- this looks gooooooood - mix master morris
- a solid release all around - dj ivy (blackbridge)
- another collection of dubtastic tunes....full of tantalising bass heavy vibes - revolve magazine
- interchill delivers once again. one dub is quickly becoming my favorite of 2009 - domenic (chronic sonata)